Home » Business & Politics, Featured

President Obama owns Ed Henry: “I like to know what I’m talking about before I speak.”

27 March 2009 by: Frederick Carle 21 Comments

obamaownage

This one is awesome! We all know that President Obama is a great speaker and always has something to say when he’s asked a question. But in this video its just over the top ownage by Obama. This is an awesome slap in the face for Ed Henry. Check it out.

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (3 votes, average: 2.33 out of 5)

21 Comments »

• Patricia De Haan said:

This is not a slap in the face for anyone. The reporter asked a decent question & our President gave a very good calm answer…no slap here.

• fredcarle (author) said:

Well Patricia this is your opinion and I accept it but you got to admit it was an awesome answer!

Thanks for the comment!

• Ray Perkins said:

Sort of “be careful what you throw against the ocean tide-you may get it back!” It is time that Ed gets his comeupance! RP

• Theresa said:

It was a reasonable question and a reasonable answer, no one 'Owned” anyone else.

• neonocean said:

I agree w/ Patricia… I just don't see the “oooooooh” moment. Two civil people talking.
    Remember: Some folks worry and putter, push and shove, hunting LITTLE molehills to make to make mountains of.

• Ana M. said:

I wish everyone including myself, thought longer before speaking.
    A lot of the everyday conflicts would be resolved that way.

• Don said:

I would hope he could understand that giving away taxpayer money is bad in less than 3 or 4 days. It only took me a few minutes to know that. 😉

• Infuriated voter said:

Too bad no one took more than a couple days to consider the long-term implications of trillions of dollars worth of government spending on pork!!

• Obsidian4u said:

GREAT come back!! The two comments about Obama having no intelligence, being a replica Nazi are obviously made by low grade morons! What have YOU been reading — Mein Kampf or other supremist literature?? Did you miss the degbates, or so entralled with Palin legs that you miss reality? Did you comment on Bush and his 8 years of failure??

• Obsidian4u said:

In the larger sense, the reporter represented his view point, and the President responded appropriately. Expecting him to fix the country in 2 mos. is totally unrealistic. Took 15-20 years of collective greed to get here! The complexities are many. Rather than throw stones, all should contribute possible solutions. USA is a country “of the people, for the people and by the people”, and WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!

• tank said:

Well said^

• Tony M. said:

This Presidents remarks and his composure were right on the money. Its one of those times where you either hear or see somthing or in this case both, and you wish that you had been that cool at some of those times in your own past where you wished you had said or done somthing different then what you did.

• Anthony said:

Here's the one they should be covering… I was STUNNED by this question

Chuck Todd of NBC: Thank you, Mr. President. Some have compared this financial crisis to a war. And in times of war, past presidents have called for some form of sacrifice.

Some of your programs, whether for Main Street or Wall Street, have actually cushioned the blow for those that were irresponsible during this — during this economic period of prosperity or supposed prosperity that you were talking about.

Why, given this new era of responsibility that you're asking for, why haven't you asked for something specific that the PUBLIC should be sacrificing to participate in this economic recovery?

Obama shook his head and looked like he wanted to call the guy an idiot and then responded…

OBAMA: With respect to the American people, I think folks are sacrificing left and right. I mean, you've got a lot of parents who are cutting back on everything to make sure that their kids can still go to college. You've got workers who are deciding to cut an entire day — an entire day's worth of pay so that their fellow co-workers aren't laid off.

• qwerty said:

Obama putting out BS again

• kim thomas said:

way to go Mr.Prez. keep up the good work I ll be praying and asking the Lord to continue to guide you and your Administration. mrs.t.

• bill said:

More importantly obama should know policies before he acts. He's out of control

• MFere said:

wow a flashback to Hillary, insult anyone with a question you don't like.

• Rosa said:

IMHO, reporters care more about the latest soundbites, rather than a well thought out discourse. I know its something new and unusual to have an intelligent white house. They used to report news, facts, information, now they are more interested in who they can slam, because it makes for “better” news! So called journalist can be so intense in filling up the airwaves with silly, meaningless rhetoric, and finding someone to tear apart for their own self interests rather than giving us facts and information we can use to make up our own minds. I'm tired of those that can't come up with solutions and only criticize so they can be on the record in case something goes wrong. We are Americans, no party dogma can separate us unless we let them. Kudos to Obama!

• fredcarle (author) said:

Wow…think this is the best comment I've seen on this post. Awesome. I agree with you Rosa in every way. Thanks for the comment.

• mema said:

it was a great question and one a reporter should be open to ask. Obama was sort of like, “How dare you!” and it came off to me as defensive…not so much a “Wow, look at how cool and collected he is moment” He seems to get annoyed at these uncomfortable questions, like we should all understand and agree with him…and not question him. I think Obama is doing a great job, but he needs to understand that the public are having a hard time with this crisis and are going to be emotional and question things.

• ryan said:

Agreed!!

Leave your response!

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags: