Solar Energy : Why go Solar?
The sunny history…
We all know that solar energy is not new. In 700 B.C. this energy was used to start fire. By 300 B.C. the Romans were using mirrors to light torches for religious purposes. In 1921, Albert Einstein won the Nobel prize for his theories explaining the photoelectric effect. Explorer III, Vanguard II and Sputnik-3 were all launched via PV powered systems on board. Today it is the accepted energy source for space applications. But enough of its history.
World wide sun…
In this era the world is concerned about the effects of green house gas on global warming. That, and of course another important concern would be the rising cost an the supply of fossil fuels. All the of these concern have sparked new interest in renewable energies, including solar technologies. Europe is leading the world with their efforts to combat global warming simply by increasing their renewable energy consumption to 20% by 2020. Most country are beginning to follow the European example by developing their own source of power initiatives.
What can solar do for me?
For many years, we have been working hard to harvest the sun’s ray and convert them to usable energy. This golden gift is a never ending energy resource that now more than ever, is being recognized for its ability to power the world.
Environmental benefits of solar:
• No CO2 = reduced greenhouse gases
• No impact to the natural environment
• Reduces local air pollution
• Reduces demand for fossil fuel
Economic benefits of solar:
• Increases home/business re-sale value
• Reduces energy costs via Net Metering
• Option to sell back to the local utility grid
Other benefits of solar:
• Very low maintenance
• Quiet, no moving parts
• Aesthetically appealing
Then why solar…
• The Home Energy Rating Act comes into effect in 2010
• In the near future, you’ll be paying more for the power you use during peak hours.
• You can offset the rising cost of electrical bills by using solar energy
• You can send the solar energy you generate back to the electrical grid.. and get paid $ for it!
For more information visit Power 1 Solar