The Guy Show
This past weekend we dropped by the Ottawa Guy Show. Like the name says, it’s a GUY show. And what can you see when you attend a guy show? Lots of cool stuff!
Probably the best part of the show was when I was around the lovely ladies from Lamborghini Energy drinks. Of course I was prepared for this so as you can see in the picture below, I had my best shirt for the occasion.
The next best thing was the F1 race car simulator. Everything about this toy is awesome. It’s always moving like a real car would. By that I mean you can feel the bumps on the road and as you go up in speed you feel the stress on the car. You even have to fight with the steering wheel when you’re executing a corner. If you’re thinking of buying yourself one of these babies be ready to pull $25000 out of your wallet.
All weekend long there was a competition where you could win a DeWALT Drill and skill saw package. What competitors needed to do was a change of tire on the front left wheel of a NASCAR race car. I’m telling you some guys were so sketch they even had difficulty putting the Impact over the bolt. Still there was a guy who completed the task in less than 30 seconds. That’s crazy fast!
Whats a guy show without cars? Don’t worry we got you covered. All over the show you could find a bunch of exotic cars going from Lamborghini to Ferrari. But the one that really caught my attention was the T-Rex. This 3 wheel speedster is one awesome ride. The sound of this vehicle resembles the sound of a superbike. In fact you need to wear a helmet when you ride aboard the T-Rex. Believe me you want a helmet on you head since there’s no windshield to protect your face.
Highlights of the show:
* Ride and buy a CAN AM ATV and Spyder
* Tour the W1 MMA demo cage,
* Meet the Grateful Griller
* Take the Irwin Tool Challenge
* Buy a Yamaha and a Harley
* Check out Ice Pro’s synthetic ice surface
* Enjoy beer from Canada’s best craft brewer – Beau’s
* Test Drive the Signature Audio Video D-Box F1 Simulator
* Get your boating license from Boaterexam.com
* Plan to go skydiving with Drop Zone
* See astonishing feats of strength by our World Class Strong Men
* See, Smell, Touch (but don’t drool on) a Ferrari
* Compete in Popeye’s Chin Up contest
* Book a trip with Ultimate Tours
* Sign up your boss for Rubber Paintball at Paintstorm’s indoor field
* Vote to bring CFL Football or MLS Soccer to Ottawa
* Sign The Guy Show’s Petition calling on the NHL to create the Bobby Orr Trophy for Best Offensive Defence Man
* Register with Betfairpoker.net to win a chance to get in the $1 million World Series of Poker
* Help Find Sasquatch at Live 88.5’s Hairy Back and Chest contest
This event was a blast so make sure you can come to Ottawa next year for the next edition of the Guy Show.